T&K Contractors in NJ will handle all aspects of your NJ home remodeling project, including providing you with quality Andersen Windows. Windows and doors can add so much to your home including light, space and character. They can offer magnificent views of the world around us and give the world a glimpse of who we our – our refined tastes and high standards. With a well-placed window combination, you can transform your ordinary home into a beautiful sanctuary.
Windows are the eyes of your home and as mentioned, add character inside and out. In addition to the type of window styles that are available, there are many additional options to choose from including grille styles, base materials, screen options and more. Part of the quality and personal service offered by T&K is the ability for our design team to make it easy for you to choose the window that best fits your home. When you’re remodeling your home, T&K Contractors’ design experts will help you choose the most appropriate windows for each room that is being remodeled. Whether you need casement, double-hung, sliding, bay/bow or specialty custom windows, T&K Contractors will help to present you will all of the potential options that will work with your home.
If you’re not ready to remodel any aspect of your home and you only need to replace your windows, T&K can handle that as well. New windows are a value-add-investment that can help you save money in the long run on heating and cooling bills. If your windows are old and don’t seem to be holding their seal, you could be losing precious hot air in the winter and cool air in the summer – literally letting money slip out the window. With new Andersen windows, the experts at T&K Contractors in NJ can replace those old, drafty windows with beautiful, new windows, ensuring the seal and window pane are of the highest quality and installed properly to ensure the highest energy savings. And with all of the new energy efficient options available, including multiple-pane glass, low-emissivity glass coatings and Pella innovation, your new windows will have you feeling better about your contribution to the world.
Once your windows are installed, it’s important to maintain them regularly. It’s not just seasonal cleanings that are necessary, but it’s important to periodically check your windows for consistent performance and quality:
- Verify that all hardware is secure and not damaged, tightening any loose screws.
- Examine the window’s frame and materials to ensure they are intact. Occasional repairs may be needed, especially to wooden windows, however when painting, staining and repairing, make sure to keep the solution away from the weather-strip as it can make it weak.
- Check that all moving parts continue to move smoothly. If not, they may require repairs. Depending on the depth of the damage, a professional may be needed.
- Check the weather-stripping to ensure it is still intact and keeping the seal as tight as possible. Weather-strip acts as a barrier between your home and the window and is important in keeping your home cool in the summer and warm in the winter
- Ensure the caulking is intact. If there is any caulk that is splitting or pulling away, remove the damaged caulk and replace using new caulk.
- As always, keep your windows clean with a good quality cleaner.
If you would like help with your annual window maintenance, the professional handyman services at T&K’s HomeWorks Division can help you maintain the beauty of your windows and your home.